Thursday, March 12, 2009

If I'm not a teacher, I might be a/an......

1) Geomancer/Fortune Teller: No, it has nothing to do with superstition nor religion. More to do with learning beyond what basic knowledge I have now of Chinese Mysticism. The knowledge can be used to learn more about the universe and help guide people around me to lead better lives. If anyone think this is a good avenue to strike rich for both me and/or the querent, then he is terribly mistaken, because I said better (happier, more enriching/meaningful) lives, not become richer. Yes, I do not regard highly people who only want to become richer and more powerful.

2) Chinese Physician: Unknown to most people, all basic knowledge about 5 elements, yin & yang, etc is applied to Chinese Wushu, Astrology, Astronomy, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Taoism. Putting religion aside, all these knowledge form the basis on which to explore various areas of studies. TCM has been around for more than 2 thousand years and the sheer collective wisdom accumulated throughout the ages is usually little known or usually misunderstood. I may prefer to be clean and neat, but I believe the wisdom of our ancestors are a good guide to healthy living. It is better to share such wisdom with other common folk, instead of waiting until struck by cancer and following recommendations of Western doctors to do chemotherapy and have TCM as post therapy treatment.

3) Chinese Historian/History Researcher/History Lecturer: My love and fascination of 3000+ years of history has never been fully explored. I would be more than willing to share my knowledge to people (yes, Westerners are more keen than Asians to learn about Chinese History) who are interested to know.

4) Researcher in Institute of Policy Studies: Politics have always been interesting and by keeping myself abreast with developments around the world, I believe it keeps my analytical mind sharp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home