Sunday, January 28, 2007

Songs, songs, and more songs!

As presented in my earlier enties, I have been to 2 trips at the end of 2006, and on both trips, I was made to sing in the coach. Although I am not a superstar, I do have songs which I love to sing. The only problem is that I cannot remember the lyrics to most of the songs I can sing, and that I will go out of tune at times. Well, should I ever be called upon to sing, I do hope students can take note of the songs I like to sing:

1) 《广岛之恋》(莫文蔚,张洪量)(I appreciate if someone can send me the MTV of this song)
2) 孤单的夜里我不孤单(陈伟联)
3) 遍体鳞伤(古皓)(MTV anyone?)
4) 心事谁人知(福建歌,张惠妹演唱会版本)
5) 《爱江山更爱美人》(李丽芬)(MTV anyone?)

I have also noted that I actually prefer songs in the middle octave (not too high, not too low) and those that will require me to "pull" my vocal cords (i.e. 张惠妹,动力火车 songs which usually let the singers "yell"). I guess its kinda theraputic to sing those songs and let out all your frustrations and stress and makes you feel better. The catch is I will need to warm up my vocal cords by singing other non-challenging songs at medicore level before attempting the challenging songs. Also, I will have to rest my vocal cords every now and then as prolong singing of such songs will just make me lose my voice. Actually, I do not have any particular favourite singer, but since there are more female singers out there, I do tend to prefer songs from female singers.

In mid-December 2006, when I was finally enjoying my holidays, I had the chance to go KBox for a singing session with a friend. Since my friend was reluctant to sing, I had the mic to myself for the full 2.5 hours that we were there. It was the first time I could try singing all the songs I wanted, and I had to choose songs while still singing. (Yeah, I am still very amazed at how I was able to multi-task!) In the end, I estimated I sang at least 40 over songs non-stop within a span of 2.5 hours! I was able to sing a large variety of songs from 80s, 90s and songs after 2000, from fast tempos to slow ballads. Also, with the help of the original singer, I can confidently try all the songs I have never sung before. I guess I sing better with the original singer's voice as a guide and without a lot of pressure from onlookers bah. When my 4E1 of 2004 invited me to a chalet on 26th Dec, I was so tempted to join them for a karoke session on 27th, but I had to give it a miss due to meetings.

Now that so many teachers are burdened with work after the term has started, I believe its time for us to go for another singing session soon. Eagerly looking forward to the next chance to sing again, (without being recorded!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello. next time we go kbox we ask u along lahz. hahaz.
i m very interested to hear you sing. hahaz.


shumei

10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home