Friday, October 06, 2006

Redemption

I was going ard the sec 4 classes on a random check for attire and haircut. Some of the classes were visibly amused and enjoying the whole experience of being picked by me. Apparently, the experience of being picked far exceeds the social studies paper that they were attempting at that moment. Sadly, this cohort of students have not grown up, and are still clowning around despite nearing the O levels.

So might say this is their way of releasing stress. Sleeping while attempting Prepartory Exam? Playing catching during Prepartory Exam? I think the students haven't really learnt from their performance at Prelims how badly they have fared. If they had plough through all the papers seriously every day, I would be most happy to organise a inter-class soccer match among the Sec 4 classes. But the truth is, some students in some classes are more focused than others, despite efforts from all teachers.

The only consolation I had today was that 2 students from my form class came to me after school for not completing a letter writing assignment I gave them quite some time back. Although they were being punished to stay back and complete, I was pretty happy that they earnestly came to ask how to complete the assignment. Unlike the other 3 who chose to skip the punishment, I spent half an hour coaching the 2 students and they completed the assignment.

I eagerly look forward to Monday, when I am so tempted to unleash my tempest...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home