Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Year End Gathering

The year end gathering was successfully held at my place on 20th Nov 2008 with about a dozen attending. I've originally planned for myself to cook about 5 dishes for 14 people, but the kind souls either chided me for being crazy and offering to get food rather than make me cook like crazy just 2 days before I fly to Hangzhou, China.

Anyway, here's my menu:
1) Cabbage with mixed vegetables (cabbage, tang hoon, dried prawn, mushroom, tau pok, carrot, fishcake, "golden needle fungus", black fungus)
2) Savoury black soy sauce chicken
3) Sweet and sour prawns with capsicum (a last min innovation coz I scared not enuff to eat)
4) Beancurd stir-fried with Chinese leek
5) Foochow fishball soup with yan pi (Foochow meat dumplings)

Then, there are contributions by the rest:
1) Spongecake
2) Raspberry Cheesecake
3) Brownie with ice-cream
4) Chinese desserts (tau suan, black glutinuous rice. chendol, etc.)

Participants included:
1) Mr L
2) Mr Q
3) Mrs J
4) Mrs P & husband
5) Ms C
6) Miss S
7) Mr P
8) Mr L
9) Miss N

Needless to say, we had quite a good time just simply eating and chatting and watching tv.

No one knew I was already having a cold then. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home