Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lousy, Tired and Sad

It's been quite a while since the last blog entry. Needless to say, most of the Lunar New Year holidays were spent on visiting relatives. Then back to relentless work, then steamboat with colleagues on Saturday and hosting 2 groups of former students on Sunday. Yes it was delightful to see so many familiar faces but too many things have been packed into too little time. My workstation in school remains messy as ever. Having difficult classes to teach isn't easy-going for me even with a reduced marking load. The reluctance of students to even do proper learning is enough to make anyone feel defeated.

Having a good sleep and waking up fresh sounds more like a dream than a reality to me. Even when my body is at rest, the mind refuses to stop and I wake up more a zombie than a human the next morning. Now, I begin to wonder if I should be on a You-Mei-Sho drip.

I have lost a couple of things these days. First of all, my black fan which I use for my taiji fan practices. Seems that it has disappeared into thin air after my Lunar New Year Celebrations Concert. Then my favourite Australian hamaetite ring gave way after I repeatedly slammed my palm on my marble floor. Although Jingyi was thoughtful to fix it for me, the ring refused to stay mended and I am now left with a fraction of the ring. Then, I have gotten wind that some orchestra members chose to skip practice for common test. If only they had been so serious during normal lessons, I would have supported their decision. However, those who were contemplating or actually guilty of the charges are those least serious in practice or schoolwork. So they don't deserve my understanding nor my forgiveness. Please lor, if you can't even handle 1 test per day, then don't convince me you can cope with 2 O level papers in 1 day! What a poor example of a stupid reason! Since the common tests will be over by Friday, let me turn on to SYF mode and proceed with intensive training sessions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home