Friday, February 02, 2007

Music of the Night

Just bought the new Evanescence album "The Open Door" not too long ago. Though it feels almost like the previous album "Fallen" I still bought it nonetheless. Perhaps I just find the dark and heavy melody reassuring and familiar. Such music portrays a dark and brooding atmosphere, and I liken that to vampires stalking the night. Maybe I was listening to a lot of Evanscence music when I started learning to play my Vampire Counts Army, and thus my brain connects the 2 together.

I am no fan of the horror genre, but vampires intrigue me. Not their thirst for blood, but their character so often described in books and movies. One can imagine a lone figure highlighted against the night sky, taking slow steady steps. Treading slowly but purposefully, nothing stirs in their dead, dark hearts. They embrace the long cold nights, maybe out of necessecity than interest. One can only wonder what stirs in their minds as they live from night to night for years, decades, centuries. Damned immortals, they are a bane to life, yet their fates are inevitably tied to all living beings. Ironic?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home