Sunday, March 04, 2007

Protege

No, I am not referring to the dark movie starring Andy Lau, Louis Koo and Daniel Woo.

Protege: a person who is guided and helped by someone of influence or power. (Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English)

I have always wanted to keep a protege. That was partly the reason why I joined teaching in the first place, to pass what knowledge I have to someone else so that they are not lost when I am no longer around. Let me attempt to list what are the things I would like to be passed on:

1) 4 Sets of Taiji Quan, 2 Sets of Fan, 4 Sets of Taiji Swordplay
2) Passion for and knowledge of Romance of the 3 Kingdoms
3) Passion for learning more about ancient Chinese History and Literature
4) Passion for and knowledge of History of Medieval Europe
5) Repertoire of traditional Chinese dishes (Am still accumulating experience and knowledge)
6) Knowledge of animal behaviour and interest in conservation efforts
7) Knowledge of and interest in ancient Chinese warfare strategems
8) Knowledge of and interest in Lord of the Rings
9) Passion for books of the Fantasy genre
10) Interest in Geomancy, Chinese Martial Arts, Traditional Chinese Medicine
11) Interest in Languages (Latin, Russian, French, Italian, Spainish, German) (not that I know most of them, it's the interest that counts!)
12) Knowledge of Mythologies (Chinese, Greek, Roman, Norse, Egyptian)

Now, what is the critieria to be my protege?
1) Interest in Chinese History, Culture, Martial Arts and Literature
2) Good command of Chinese Language and English Language
3) Interest in histories and mythologies of ancient civilisations
4) At least 1.74m and not weighing more than 70kg (to execute spectacular taiji moves)
5) Not older than me (all that I know has been accumulated throughout the years, so he will need to do some catching up. One has to have a good foundation in languages since young)
6) As good looking or better looking than me (well, packaging is very important nowadays!)
7) Good character (no master will ever keep a despicable disciple)

Volunteers anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home