Monday, July 02, 2007

Movie Sequels

This year seems to be a year of movie sequels, especially episode 3. There was Spiderman 3, Pirates 3, Shrek 3 and there was also Fantastic 4 sequel and the fifth part of Harry Potter.

I guess movie watching isn't really a regular activity of mine, beacause I missed watching Spiderman 2 (I didn't even catch the entire film on tv!) and didn't bother with Pirates 2. As for Shrek, I didn't complete Shrek 1, missed out Shrek 2 and will not bother with Shrek 3. With a busy July schedule and most of my friends having watched F4 sequel, I think I'll just settle for a DVD compilation when it arrives. Harry Potter is another story. Having watched all 4 movies and the theatrical trailer of the movie, I would want to catch the fifth part of the story. The trailer speaks for itself, so I shall go no further.


Something fresh this year is the release of Transformers the movie. Transformers was a series of cartoons (3 seasons) in the 80s with a 2hr long cartoon movie. People who were born in the 70s & early 80s would have known about this cartoon series while those from the 90s will only know Beast Wars or Armada. "Transformers" actually tells a story of 2 groups of shape-changing robots fighting against one another. The autobots are the good guys, and mainly take the form of cars and other land vehicles. Decepticons are the bad guys, and most of them are planes or able to fly. In the cartoon, some of the transformers could actually combine to form a bigger and more powerful robot.

Things are much simpler in the movie, probably because it is an adaptation of the cartoon. Hardcore fans of the cartoon series will be disappointed at the differences, but the action of the movie is something worth watching. I'm sure after watching, audiences new to Transformers will join the ranks of the fan club as well. The only thing I have to complain is that the fighting scenes were too fast. Within moments of contact, someone would just be destroyed without clearing seeing who did what. For those interested to know more about Transformers

Trailer of Transformers


A cool song but not the theme song of the movie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home