Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Great Spend Savings Sale Part 2

Well, this is the sequel to the blog entry with the same title.

Someone was unable to turn up in school today, so I stood in for her duties, thus delaying my own schedule.

Given the short span of time, it was already an achievement for me to be able to get
1) some pc games at a discount $59.80
2) a harddisk to replace the currently ailing one $72

after my evening appointment, there was more...
3) buy groceries $20
4) top up car petrol $68+

so that leaves me with some undone yet
a) MP3 player
b) haircut
c) red whiteboard marker pen
d) small ziplock bags
e) tupperware

so today's purchases easily exceed $300. No, I'm not rich, just that there are some things that had to be bought, and some things which wouldn't hurt to buy. Anyway, I don't spend such amounts everyday... such "spending spurts" usually occur once or twice a month only.

I must make special mention of one of my purchases - croutons.
I was looking for them for quite some time in West Coast Plaza Cold Storage, but failed to locate them. Tonight, not only did I manage to find them, Pepperidge Farm's croutons actually come in several flavours! (i.e. Classic Caesar, Onion & Garlic, Seasoned, Four Cheese & Garlic, Zesty Italian, Whole Grain Seasoned) In case you are wondering, croutons are those crunchy square bread cubes that you drop into cream of XX soup or mix them in a salad. I was on the brink of resorting to making my own croutons to have a good salad, but it seemed Lady Luck was smiling at me tonight.

Now, it's back to work...

1 Comments:

Blogger The girl next door said...

Mr Siah actually also got "fresh" croutons, you can get it at Swiss Bake; at cold storage.

5:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home