Thursday, August 31, 2006

There and Back Again

Some students might have noted that my voice has been sounding different recently. From this symptom, a story can be told...

It all started right after the 20th Anniversary. Yeap, it is that long! Many of us started getting colds & flu. I wasn't spared either. At the doctor's, the doctor & I collectively decided antibiotics wasn't necessary as there wasn't green phlegm, which was a clear indication of how bad the condition was. Sadly, I only found out that I needed the antibiotics after I got home. Leaving to my immune system to fight it out, I guess I recovered much but not fully.

The little rest I had in the June holiday gave me and my sickness a rest. So it was until I plunge deep into the depths of hectic work that the flu virus decided to surface again, this time in the form of a nasal sound whenever I talk. Intitially, I took no notice, until the nasal sound choose to appear at anytime of the day and withdraw as and when it pleases. With much work and many deadlines, I decided to let it pass till after National Day. With the passing of this big event, I sought the doctor and took the proper medication.

I was sure I was on the road to recovery, when 2 late nights spoiled all my previous efforts and the nasal sound persisted. Just 2 weeks ago, I returned to the doctor to follow up on it. Even though I don't suffer from any blocked nose, the nasal sound has yet to die out on me. I guess I'm paying the price for neglecting my health when I should have gotten myself cured at the 1st possible chance.

My advice to you readers, don't ever drag visiting the doctor, or you might just join my club of the slow road to recovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home