Monday, August 21, 2006

Looks and Happiness

Today, my class of 2E3 asked the impossible: " Teacher, can we give you a ear-stick for Teachers' Day?" Even though I had considered piercing my ear before, it was beyond my imagination that my students would ever suggest, or even encourage me to pierce my ear! I didn't know they had such high expectations of me wanting to look "in"! Well, they also claim that should I ever pierce my ear, they would do it and qoute that since Mr Siah can, they will follow! Guess I'm just a legitimate reason for them to pierce their ears eh? -_-" And guess what, 1 even tried to suggest that I pierce my right ear and send wrong messages! Kids! Sigh...

Another issue that kept arising these days seem to be related to my happiness. 2E3 and my Chinese Orchestra Exco seem bent or at least keen on seeing me get married. Well, they aren't the only ones who raised the issue. 4E1 of 2004 also wanted me to find a gf by Sept 2004 and get married by Jan 2005 so that they can get red packets from me! Sacrificing my happiness for their pockets! 4E3 2005 thought differntly. They were actually trying to match me with a few single female teachers in the school! The teachers they thought were a good match doesn't even have matching personalities lor! Duh...... 2E3 2006 is slightly cuter, matching me with the few teachers they know and pondering if I will invite them to my wedding. 2E1/2E2 2006 is scandalous, thinking and believing rumours about me and other female teachers just because I was in the same car as them at some point in time. Well, I think my students are more concerned about my happiness than their lessons! So much so for my teaching...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cher. i have a suggestion.. if you ever find your soul mate who happens to be a teacher as well, can get married on 1sept. lol. sch holiday. somemore you two both teachers. haha. happy teacher's day in advanced! great work as the Deputy Dean (:

5:31 pm  
Blogger Simbul said...

Haha, easier asid than done. Teacher couples cannot be in the same school if one is in a leadership position to protect both parties. We'll spend evenings marking at home. Our poor child will suffer from neglect or pressure. But thanks for your well wishes. I do hope to do a better job next year!

10:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...
yeah. shld find a partner soon.
3yrs since i graduated... but u havent found one yet. lol.

11:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home