Wednesday, August 02, 2006

If you are playing an RPG, what would you be?

Firstly, I will always prefer an RPG (role playing game) with a fantasy theme. Why? Because it's the one theme I grew up with and feels that it provides me with the most room for imagination. Dragons and wizards have always fascinated me ever since I was young.
Listed below are my preferences:

1) Class: Mage/Sorceror/Priest

Notice they are all spell-casters. Well, wielding a sword and rushing forward to hack your enemies never seemed like a smart idea to me. Neither does creeping in the shadows with a knife in your hand. Nothing beats flying in the air and shooting lightning bolts one minute and polymorphing into a dragon or moving mountains the next. Priests also make good choices as they're powerful spell-casters in their own right and I always get to heal myself and my party members. As my Dryad Hunt in Guild War has shown, I am an invaluable party player as not many are willing to play such support roles in team games.

2) Race: Elf

Though in Dungeon & Dragons terms, elves are not the hardiest race, but I've never favoured something just because everyone thinks it's powerful. Elves (not those in fairy tales, I'm talking about tall Elves of Lord of the Rings) are graceful and intelligent creatures. They cherish beautiful things in life and pursue them for centuries at their own pace, which sounds very ideal. Elves are talented in arts, crafting exquisite items, magic and speak in melodious tones. Everything about them is so mystical. To me, the French seem most like Elves while Germans resemble grumpy Dwarves and Britons as aristocratic humans)

What would you be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home