Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Power Day (19/9/06)

Yes, 19th Sept was a power day for me. Why? Well, the day started off just like any other day till I received a phone call requesting for my help to start the paper at 9:15am. In case you readers don't know, the Dean does not have to start every paper. In fact, we usually don't start the papers. Such invigilation duties depend on our timetable and middle management are usually not heavily involved in view of our other administrative duties.
Ok, back to starting the paper. It was nearly time when I collected the papers and rushed to the hall. Upon settling the students, I proceeded to distribute the writing papers. Instead of 5 invigilators, 1 for each class present, there were only 2. Well, I was aware that 2 of the 3 late invigilators were having lessons before the start of the paper, so I didn't delay the starting time. After distributing the writing paper for 3 classes, I started giving out the question paper for 3 classes before the cavalry arrives. I think the students were slightly amused by the fact that I was running acorss the hall as they felt the thumping of my footsteps. Maybe it doesn't sound anything great, but being able to start a paper for 205 candidates is not something everyone can do in such a short time and calmly. I guess it's my way of making myself feel better about myself. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home